Carousel CAL: Hooky Progress

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The Carousel CAL is coming along quite nicely now. I've done the cream and red ("lipstick" - what a lovely colour name!) bands, joined them with mustard gold, and attached them to part one's central flower motif.


Circus-y blanket with bonus roses. Lovely.

We're on to part three now: multi-coloured pentagons that go round and round to form the big top's "skirt". I once wondered whether the designer played yarn chicken as she designed the central motif: pulling each colour out of the bag at random before hooking the next row. But it worked. I learnt to trust her. This time, I'm not so sure.


A lot of the time, I find myself going oh no that just does not go and then having to put the pentagons down, breathe, and come back later with reinstated faith. It's all okay, it's going to work out. Luminous green is OKAY next to red. It's just yarn. *breathe* It's going to be fine. 

I hope. The kids seem to like it, thank goodness.


Ooh looky: a new way to JOIN AS YOU GO. Life changed. Excellent.

The Carousel CAL is in full swing. I'm quite impressed by the Facebook Page; there are lots of tips, ideas and photos to inspire you as you go along. There are lots of other people doing different colourways: bright pinks, pastels, even monochrome. It's really interesting to see what people are doing each week. I suppose this is what makes all the difference when you do a crochetalong rather than just follow a pattern. As it happens, there are a lot of other yarn crazies out there. There are more than 3,000 people following along and doing this Carousel CAL at the same time!

You Might Also Like

2 comments